With the help of our supplier Tlant, we are going to give you ideas and tools for your hotel sales team to give your turnover a significant boost.
We will start with a small piece of research; where have we come from and where will we be going? Deloitte research shows that there are three phases to this crisis; Respond, Recover, Thrive.
- Respond; how do we respond to the crisis and what should we do to survive as a company for as long as possible?
- Recover; what does the ‘new normal’ look like, how has our mindset changed, how can we learn from other successful companies, and where will be going with the company once restrictions are lifted? We are currently in the Recover phase.
- Thrive; preparing for the new normal, and going for it.
If you are curious about the full Deloitte study: https://bit.ly/3ttRThz
Why are we telling you this?
After all, there is a very important transition phase that hotels can respond to. The transition from Recover to Thrive.
Many companies have been idle for over a year, employees are less engaged with the company and the culture at work has been put on the back burner, to say the least. The focus was survival and all plans were pushed back.
So, once we are allowed again; what will we need?
- Brainstorming: we go back to the drawing board and brainstorm with the whole team. Where do we want to go as a company? How are we going to get there? What do we need to get there?
- Team building: Covid-19 is the killer of corporate culture. Employees are less motivated, less engaged and many are afraid of losing their jobs. In addition, the fear of contracting Covid also plays an important role in the mental state of employees at work.
It so happens that the above two points are the perfect points to capitalise on as a hotel. In the transition phase from Recover to Thrive, hotels must become the place where ideas are born and teams are reunited. Back to basics, how hotels came to be; as a meeting place where people come together and are reunited.
Below is a list of ideas for both activities. Sit down with your team and see how you can convert your ‘standard meeting’ packages into ‘growth packages’, ‘brainstorming packages’ or ‘team building packages’. Offer meeting packages that really benefit your business customers.
From Standard Meeting to Growth Sessions
We have created tools that you can use for your ‘Brainstorm Meetings’. We can make (or deliver) them for you in Dutch, English, German and French. If you need our help, just give your Relation Manager a call and we’ll get to work for you!
These are ideal tools to give to companies in addition to your meeting packages. Don’t just provide the space, but partner with your business customers and help them improve their strategy. After implementation of these 3 tools, your business customers will definitely be ready for the third phase; Thrive.
Turnover Boosters and Team Building
Below we have made a list of our top 5 favourite ideas for a hotel to attract business people again. Ideas to welcome teams in a fun and practical way.
- The Offline and Online meeting room. During the new way of meeting in hotels, some employees will attend in person and some will attend virtually. How will you respond to this? How are you going to bring both virtual and live people together in a room in a fun and practical way?
- Long Stay. It will probably take a while before we are back at 100% occupancy. Attracting long-stay guests is therefore an interesting option for occupying rooms for a longer period of time. Does your sales team already have a plan on how to attract people from sports, media, construction, the municipality, or the medical sector through special promotions?
- Activities with Local Partners. Under the pretext of #supportyourlocals, it is a win-win to collaborate with local parties to create a more unique meeting package. After a day of meetings, it is time for something fun, and perhaps even something different. How about a painting workshop for creativity, a cooking workshop for better planning or an acrobatics workshop to boost mutual trust?
- Improving Skills. As a hotel you could function perfectly as a knowledge hub. After a business stay in your hotel people should feel better or smarter. Connect with top speakers, top coaches and trainers and give companies the choice to choose an upgrade during their meeting day at your hotel. How cool is it to start or end your day with a power hour in which a trainer teaches you the steps on how to better communicate, listen, work together or bring in customers for example?
- Sports. We see an increasing number of gyms offering meeting packages in combination with a sporting activity (boot camp, yoga or other workouts). Why not turn the tables? Most hotels have a gym or space to (temporarily) set up sports equipment for group lessons. Start your meeting with an hour of tummy, buttocks, legs or doing an hour of yoga during the afternoon dip?
Try and dare to do things differently and experiment with new ways of meeting arrangements.
We have done our best to give you ideas and tools for better ways to get back into the market. We are here for you! Let’s brainstorm together about the best package for your hotel to attract companies or to connect you with other companies.
Contact Trinity Purchasing on email@example.com to request your Brainstorming Tools, or get in touch with your Relationship Manager.